Boost your business with global approval
A new award for start-ups from The Sports Technology Awards
Created especially for new sports tech businesses – exactly like yours – the STA Start Ups is now open for entries. The awards celebrate tech-led innovation from the most exciting young companies around the world, and you should be part of it.
Start-ups of all sizes, from bootstrap to Series A, are eligible to compete for the international recognition provided by the STA Start Ups. Success at the Start Ups converts to a tangible commercial boost, as your work will enjoy unbiased endorsement from industry leaders.
What does this mean in practice? Past winners report shorter sales cycles, elevated customer conversations and greatly improved investment opportunities.
The deadline for entry is 28 February and winners will be announced via a live stream on 21 March.
ENTER NOW – there’s a category that is perfect for you
The 2018 categories identify the key areas of sports technology – so there will be one that is right for your business:
- App Company
- Broadcast and Emerging Media
- Coaching, Athlete Performance and Welfare
- Equipment and Apparel
- Fan Engagement
- Fantasy Sports
- Gaming and Betting
- Sports Commerce
- Web, Digital or Integrated Platform
Put your work in front of industry leaders… in the most transparent judging process possible
We are proud to have the support of the following figures who shape the sports and tech sectors (and who knows, might be your future customers). Part of the reason they like the STA Start Ups is our transparent judging process. Judges only review categories that fit their expertise and entries are streamed by annual revenue to ensure start-up businesses of all sizes can compete against each other fairly.
Meet the judges:
- Bob Dickinson, President, STEAM Sports Group / STEAM Sports Foundation
- Carsten Pleiser, Head of Growth, Founders & Creators
- Chris Creamer, Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net
- Christopher Lowe, Founder and CEO, NOTWICS Ltd
- Ed Hepworth, previously VP Strategy & Operations EMEA, NBA
- Gordon Campbell, Co-CEO, Stadia Solutions
- Graham Wallace, Founder, Marlborough Sports Media Consulting
- Inga Stasiulionyte, Head of Sports Entrepreneurship Bootcamp, MIT Bootcamps
- J W Cannon, Strategic Director, Sports Alliances, American Cancer Society
- Joe Favorito, Strategic Sports and Entertainment Business Consultant, Columbia University
- John Potter, Co-founder of Starters and former NFL kicker
- Marco Cardinale, Head of Sports Physiology, Aspire Academy, Doha
- Maury Brown, Contributing Writer, Forbes SportsMoney and USA TODAY, Sports Media Group
- Sarah Shephard, Deputy Head of Content at The Coaches’ Voice, Leeds Metropolitan University
- Scott Drawer, PhD, Head of Sky Performance Hub, Team Sky
- Scott Law, Founder, The Startup Network
- Steve Denison, Chairman, The Yorkshire County Cricket Club
- Todd Radom, Founder and Principal, Todd Radom Design
- Warwick Hill, MD, Microsoft for Startups